Gavin “Bubba” Baker
WORCS 2022 Race Schedule
- R1 – January 21-23 – Primm, NV ✅
- R2 – February 18-20 – Devore, CA
- R3 – March 11-13 – Lake Havasu City, AZ
- R4 – April 8-10 – Taft, CA
- R5 – April/May 29-1 – Las Vegas, NV
- R6 – May 27-29 – Cedar City, UT
- R7/8 – September 16-18 – Preston, ID
- R9 – October 14-16 – Mesquite, NV
- R10 – November 4-6 – Primm, NV MC w/ ATV
As well as Loretta Lynn Qualifiers, RMX and Swap Moto races.
1. When did you first become interested in your sport? What or who influenced your involvement?
When I rode my first 50 at age 5-6 is when I first was interested. My mom influenced me into racing and riding, she bought me my first dirt bike and would always talk about motocross and racing.
2. When did you begin participating? How has your involvement evolved?
2017 was my first race on the Honda 150r small wheel my mom had bought me two weeks before hand. WORCS was the first race series I entered.
3. What do you love most about your sport?
The adrenaline rush and freedom I have when I’m on my bike.
4. If you had to describe your sport in 5 words or less, how would you describe it?
Freeing and Fast!
5. What is it about the sport that is most exciting to you? Competition? Risk? Innovation? Other?
Competition and Risk.
6. If you didn’t compete or participate in your sport what else would you be doing?
Playing baseball or racing offroad trucks.
7. How do you prepare or set yourself up for success? What do you do that is above and beyond?
Sticking to a strict workout schedule, working everyday after school at RSK, and watching or listening to motivational videos.
8. What is something people would never guess or believe about you?
One of my favorite colors is pink.
9. What are the greatest obstacles you face? How do you overcome them?
Learning different riding techniques. Pushing myself to try new things and practice over and over until I succeed.
10. Have you faced critics and naysayers? How do you handle the negativity?
Yes. I work even harder to prove them wrong.
11. What are your greatest successes?
Winning three WORCS Championships, having a job at a young age and overcoming my fears.
12. What are your biggest mistakes? What did you learn from them?
Holding back in the past due to fear of failure. To now taking on my fears as a challenge to overcome.
13. What advice would you give to a newcomer?
Always believe in yourself, try your hardest even if it seems tough. Stay committed to yourself.
14. Who do you follow, admire or aspire to be like? Why?
My mom, because I want to have the heart and passion that she has. James “Bubba” Stewart, I hope to ride how he did one day.