Kiefer Darrington 656
When did you first become interested in motorcycle riding? What or who influenced your involvement?
I got my first Strider bike when I was two years old. That is when I fell in love with two wheels. And I kept telling my parents I was ready to ride a motorcycle. My older brother Mason is an influence because I’ve been watching him race since I was in diapers.
2. When did you begin competing? What types of races do you compete in and why?
At 3 years old I started competing in Strider races at the local BMX tracks. At 4 years old I began racing BMX. I quickly advanced to Intermediate. I continued racing BMX until I was 5. That is when my interest shifted to dirt bikes. At 5 I had my first desert race on my PW. And immediately after, decided WORCS racing was what I wanted to focus on!
3. What do you love most about dirtbike riding or racing?
I like the jumps.
4. If you had to describe dirtbike racing in five words or less how would you describe it?
Ride to Live.
5. What is it about racing that is most exciting to you? Competition? Risk? Innovation? Other?
6. If you didn’t compete or ride what else would you be doing?
7. What are your short term goals for 2022 and long-term goals?
To get on the podium! Long term, to be number 1.
8. How do you prepare or set yourself up for success? What do you do that is above and beyond?
I practice as much as I can. I workout at home. I ride my bike.
9. What is something people would never guess or believe about you?
That I’m fast.
10. What are your greatest obstacles your face? How do you overcome them?
Older, faster kids in my new class. Try harder.
11. Have you face critics in a series? How do you handle the negativity?
I have not.
12. What are your greatest successes?
Winning the championship in 2020 and getting 2nd in 2021.
13. What are your biggest mistakes what did you learn from them?
I crashed hard at my friends property. I learned not to pin it on a dirt road.
14. What advice would you give to a new comer?
To put your foot out and at the start, don’t let your front wheel come up.
15. Who do you follow or aspire to be like? Why?
Hayden Deegan because he’s fast.