Bike: KTM Big Wheel & KTM 125 with 150 Kit
National Hare and Hound races
Idaho City 100
1. When did you first become interested in riding dirt bikes? What or who influenced your involvement?
My dad got me into riding in 2018.
2. When did you begin participating? How has your involvement evolved?
I began competing MRAN in 2020.
3. What do you love most about racing dirt bikes?
I loved riding with my dad, and racing is just fun to improve.
4. If you had to describe riding in 5 words or less, how would you describe it?
Fun, Free, Awesome, Work, Family
5. What is it about the racing dirt bikes that is most exciting to you? Competition? Risk? Innovation? Other?
For me it’s the improvement, and competition.
6. If you didn’t compete what else would you be doing?
I’d be playing tennis with my sister and staying in shape.
7. What are your short and long term goals? What do you see yourself achieving?
My long term goal is to become a factory sponsored rider, I’m going to get there by working hard, keep improving, and by getting noticed.
8. How do you prepare or set yourself up for success? What do you do that is above and beyond?
I am going to prepare for success by being a good sport on and off the bike.
9. What is something people would never guess or believe about you?
Most people think I just ride and that I don’t work hard. They think I’ve been riding my whole life.
10. What are the greatest obstacles you face? How do you overcome them?
MY greatest obstacle is my own mind. I have to work to not let my mind take me out before I even race the bike.
11. Have you faced critics and naysayers? How do you handle the negativity?
I have and I have handled them by letting my success do all the talking.
12. What are your greatest successes?
I have two actually, 1: Beating my dad. 2: coming in with the pros at my age.
13. What are your biggest mistakes? What did you learn from them?
My biggest mistake is letting some people get on my head. I learned by just letting them talk and just ride my ride, race my race.
14. What advice would you give to a newcomer?
DON’T let the haters get you down. Let your results do all the talking.
15. Who do you follow, admire or aspire to be like? Why?
I admire Dalton Shirley and Dante Oliveira. I want to be me, and I want to be the kid that is approachable. I never want someone thinking I’m too cool for them. I want to be an example to the upcoming riders.
Click to follow Ammon on Instagram